Adult Bible Class Material
Before each class, try to read the book in one sitting. It should take less than 10 minutes.
- What do we know about Zephaniah?
- When did Zephaniah prophecy?
- Describe the political and spiritual state of Judah and the world at the time.
Judgment (1:1 – 1:18)
- Who is going to be judged? Why?
- How thorough would the judgment be?
- How is the day of the Lord described?
Call to Repent (2:1-3)
- Were they without hope?
- What were they told to do?
Judgment on the Nations (2:4-2:15)
- Upon whom is judgment pronounced? Why were they being judged?
- How does he describe the desolation that will result?
- In this picture of doom, is there a glimmer of hope? For whom?
Judgment on the Tyrannical City (3:1-8)
- What city are we talking about?
- Why were they going to be judged?
- What do we learn about the nature of God in this text?
- What would Jehovah give the people? Why?
- From whence would the remnant come?
- Why would there be joy for the remnant?
- What should be learn from the book?